Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Getting myself together before true love arrives

I've heard that to be a wife, be or act like one before you are one. So that's what I've been practicing, consciously or subconsciously, before true love arrives. It's probably also a good idea to learn how the opposite sex thinks, to avoid many conflicts and miscommunication. After all, men think differently from women.

Because of a good relationship with my male relatives, I make it a habit of treating them the way I generally would with my husband-to-be. Examples are developing skills, being a better cook, an early riser and organizer. In other words, I try to make up for the weak points I've noticed in the guys. A good wife should be like a crown to her husband, a woman of discretion, and prudent. When you try to make him look good, he'll likely praise you and look nowhere else for happiness.

A good source of wife wisdom is found in Proverbs chapter 31, verses 10-31 from the Bible's Old testament. For easier reading, I suggest the Contemporary English Version, the Message or Amplified Bible version. A good relationship with God by accepting Jesus Christ is the path toward healthy human relationships. And a prudent wife is sent by the Lord.

No comments: