Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Journeys with the Family



Since I was a child, I enjoyed traveling by car, air, and on rare occasions, by train, with my family. It was fun to stretch out on the back seat as my dad drove long distances down South and western destinations. While heading to Georgia, we'd stop at Stuckey's store/snack shop and enjoy pecan rolls. When preparing to travel by plane, there was excitement in the air when my mom would wake up my little brother and me early in the morning to get ready. Those days were dear to my childhood. They led me to becoming a little spoiled, in fact.

Many years passed, and my mother did, too. So I became the queen of the household and found great pleasure in making family travel plans. Though it has been aggravating at times, I still hold fond memories of my brother driving us to Las Vegas or to the mountains. Eating, laughing and talking together along the way have been one of my pleasures. Flying abroad to other countries where we've never visited before prove to be a valuable treasure and experience.

Travelling together on a train's sleeping car and by cruise ship are beautiful events which I'll never forget. And being able to enjoy a trip and returning home without incident, accident, terrorism, or illness are blessings from the Lord.

Life is like a journey; some wonderful experiences can be repeated. Some, we'll never enjoy together again. So, I'll count all my blessings, because they make me rich.

No comments: