Thursday, November 27, 2008

Nowhere: A town of complacency & rejected opportunity

I've found that there are two major groups of people when it comes to progress: producers and consumers. Producers are aggressive and seek to change the status quo. They're risk-takers who prepare themselves and aren't hindered by obstacles. At the other end, there are those who have potential and the opportunity, but don't want to do anything to move forward. Some consumers are whiners who wish for more and criticize the people who just get things done.



The reason why certain people don't try to excel is that they like their comfort zone, predictable settings, and freedom from challenges. They may be fearful of potential failure at the next level, or loss of friends. They may hate to learn something new or assume more responsibility. Threat of confrontations, mistakes, different personalities, and other issues are difficult for some passive people to handle.


As I get older, I'm learning to be bold enough to take risks. I've decided that when I make a mistake, to learn from it and move on. My goal is to fulfill my God-given purpose, not make excuses.

To whom much is given, much is required. In other words, great gifts mean great responsibilities; greater gifts, greater responsibilities!

No comments: